SmokED KC BBQ Sauce
This SmokED KC BBQ Sauce is a Kansas City Style sauce that is the perfect complement to all BBQ dishes … Beef, Pork, or Chicken. KC-Style implies it is sweet … but this is also slightly smoky because of the SmokED Stuff ingredients! Once you make your own BBQ Sauce, I dare you to go back to store bought sauces.
SmokED Stuff Ingredients
½ Cup SmokED Brown Sugar
3 Cups Ketchup
1 TBSP SmokED Kosher Salt
1 Cup White Sugar
4 TSP SmokED Garlic Powder
½ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
|2 TSP SmokED Black Pepper|
½ Cup Orange Juice
|1 TSP SmokED Onion Powder|
¼ Cup Water
2 TBSP Molasses
1 TBSP Yellow Mustard
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
Step 1: Gather all ingredients.
- Gather all ingredients.
Step 2: Combine Dry Ingredients
- Combine Dry Ingredients (White Sugar, SmokEDBrown Sugar, SmokED Salt, SmokED Black Pepper, SmokED Garlic Powder, and SmokED Onion Powder) in a medium saucepan or pot. Mix well.
Step 3: Combine Wet Ingredients
- Add Remaining Wet Ingredients, except Orange Juice, (Ketchup, Apple Cider Vinegar, Water, Molasses, Mustard, and Worcestershire Sauce) in the saucepan or pot containing the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Add half (¼ Cup) of the Orange Juice now and save the other half for the end.
Step 4: Simmer
- Bring to a low boil over medium heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to a simmer then continue simmering for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
Step 5: Add Remaining OJ
- Add the remaining Orange Juice (¼ Cup) and stir well. Allow to cool before filling into a resealable container. Store in refrigerator
Step 6: Invite Friends and Family
- Begin bragging (loudly) to your spouse, kids, and/or guests that you have now conquered the BBQ Universe and they are the Beneficiaries of your expertise and hard work.